IDF Spokesperson January 2nd, 2008
Israeli air and naval forces attacked some 20 Hamas targets throughout the Gaza Strip during late night and early morning hours.
Among the sites targeted by the IDF:
- A mosque in Jabaliya used as a terror hub by Hamas. The mosque was used as a storage site for a large amount of Grad missiles and additional weaponry. The strike set off a lengthy series of secondary explosions and a large fire, caused by the munitions stockpiled in the mosque. The mosque was also used as a center of operations for Hamas, as a meeting place for its operatives and a staging ground for terror attacks.
- Headquarters of the military wing of Hamas
- A vehicle transporting anti-aircraft missiles
- A tunnel used to smuggle weaponry
- Rocket launchers armed and prepared for use
- Weaponry manufacturing and storage facilities
The IDF will continue to target infrastructure utilized by Hamas and the other terror organizations in Gaza, and will not hesitate to strike those involved both directly and indirectly in attacks against the citizens of the State of Israel.